May 9 – 11, 2022
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
5 Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA
Elevating Worker Voice in the Future of Work
This unique event draws together a diverse group of labor leaders, local and state policymakers, community advocates, educators, and job training and economic development professionals to learn best practices, and to discuss the critical issues of the economy and the future of our society.
At this year’s conference, we want to lift up best practices and take a look at the kinds of federal, state, regional and local workforce partnerships that prioritize worker voice.
This year, BWP will also feature a 7-course set of workshops designed to enhance the work of labor unions, local workforce development labor representatives, labor-management staff, central labor council and building trades council members, and labor allies in understanding the workforce development, training and education landscape.
- Economic Development and Workforce Development for Labor
- Utilizing Workforce Development and Economic Development to Promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Labor-involved Rapid Response and Lay-Off Aversion
- Designing Apprenticeships, Labor-Management Training Partnerships, and other High Road Training Partnerships
- Building A Quality Peer Mentor Program in Training
- Accessing Workforce Training and Education Funds – Federal, State and Local
- An Introduction to WIOA, Federal and State Policies and Initiatives in Workforce Development
Please Note – Per Order No. C19-07y by the Health Officer of the City and County of San Francisco, all attendees and patrons will be required to show proof that they are full vaccinated regarding COVID-19.
Day 1 –
9am – 12:45pm Pre-Conference Meetings (Box Lunch Provided)
- Labor Workforce Representatives and Labor Stakeholders Meeting
- CA Rapid Response Roundtable Meeting and Training
1pm – 3pm Opening & Opening Plenary
3:15 – 4:45pm Round 1 Workshops and Labor Trainings
5:30pm – 7pm High Road Reception
Day 2 –
8:30 am – 10am Morning Plenary
10:15 am – 11:45am Round 2 Workshops and Labor Trainings
Noon – 1:30pm Lunch Plenary
1:45pm – 3:15pm Round 3 Workshops and Labor Trainings
3:30pm – 5:00pm Round 4 Workshops and Labor Trainings
DAY 3 –
8:30am-10:00am Round 5 Workshops and Labor Trainings
10:15 am – Noon Closing Plenary
Sponsored by the California Labor Federation, the annual Building Workforce Partnerships Conference is about collaboration— only working together can labor, business, government, and communities bridge the economic needs of working families and the challenge of sustainable economic recovery and growth.
We hope you can join us!
The WED Team.