Indoor Heat Bill Will Save Lives

In 2011, Antonio Ramirez* was working in one of the Inland Empire’s warehouses. Assigned to clean out a metal freight container, Antonio spent several hours emptying and then sweeping the container, which reached an indoor heat level of over 100 degrees. When Antonio presented with symptoms of heat stroke, his employers failed to take any action to help him. Antonio was forced to call his son to take him to the hospital. He was hospitalized for three days due to heat stroke.

Read More