Workshops will address issues essential to keeping workers safe and healthy on the job, including
- Health and Safety as an Organizing Tool
- How to Use Cal OSHA Successfully
- How to Identify and Document Hazards
- Workplace Violence Prevention
- Workplace Retaliation – How to Fight Back
- How to Identify and Prevent Chemical Hazards
- I'm a Temp Worker, How Do I Fit In?
- Winning the “Battle of the Story” for Occupational Safety and Health
- How to Build Effective Health and Safety Committees
You’ll hear about exciting and effective campaigns directly from the workers themselves. Worker leaders will share success stories about improving conditions on the job, including ILWU Local 6 recycling workers, California Healthy Nail Salon Collective members, and others.
We need help from organizations like yours to make this conference a success. Please help spread the word about the conference by distributing the attached flyer/registration materials to your members, networks, and worker events.
You can also help by directing sending your members to the event or sponsoring low-wage workers who would like to attend. Individual tickets are $25. Scholarships are available if needed. Your sponsorship will be widely acknowledged on our promotional materials.
Online registration is again available here. Please contact LOHP at (510) 642-5507 with any questions/concerns. Thank you!